The barriers of entry for developers of mobile apps have been tumbling over the past few years. This is great news for both developers and also customers, as they now have an enormous choice of apps to pick from.
To help ensure mobile apps deliver a great user experience, and to maximise the chances of creating a hit, you need to be aware of the unique characteristics of the mobile network environment. Developing great mobile services is very different to creating great web services for the fixed line world.
We’ve compiled a new guide, Developing Network-Friendly Applications, to help you develop in this area. It condenses the experience and knowledge of the leading network and device experts from around BlueVia and Telefonica. It’s full of advice on what to look for and best practice tips, BlueVia style.
The guide covers:
- Mobile User Experience
- “Network friendliness”
- The components of the mobile network
- Achieving efficient network connections
- App updates and “networking hammering”
- Instant messaging and other “chatty apps”
- Handset power consumption considerations
- Tariffs, roaming and moving between network providers
Visit the guide homepage to read it online or download a PDF copy to read later.