Following on from BlueVia entering Open Beta last week, we are delighted to let you know the next release of the platform (version 1.2) has gone live today, with new countries and APIs added.
The 1.2 release contains the following enhancements:
- * Movistar Colombia and Chile added to BlueVia
- * New Multimedia Messaging (MMS) API added, with a risk free revenue generating business model
- * The addition of the O2 Germany Application Store, providing you with a frictionless path to reach O2 Germany customers with your apps
- * Enhancements to the existing Advertising API to ensure customers do not need to authorise the Advertising API via the BlueVia Connect customer facing portal
With the release of 1.1.2, the BlueVia API table is now as follows:
As more countries from across the Telefonica group are integrated into BlueVia, it opens up vast opportunities and markets for developers. Take a look at the current growth of the web and mobile in Latin America for example:
- * With the addition of Columbia and Chile to the platform you can now reach over 100 million Telefonica customers through BlueVia.
- * There are an estimated 204,689,836 internet users in Latin America, representing 34.5% of the population (Source: Internet World Stats)
- * Latin America, as a region, has some of the highest adoption rates of mobile devices in the world and overall mobile phone user penetration of 55.4% (source: eMarketer)
- * 2011 penetration in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico will be 77%, 54% and 52% respectively (source: eMarketer)
- * Carriers are beginning to accommodate the need for data by offering users unlimited access at rates between $0.30 and $1 per day (source: eMarketer)
Besides these new features and capabilities, there are also a lot of performance improvements and bug fixes, so your BlueVia experience should me more seamless than ever.
We’re working hard to bring you even more API goodness in the future, so stay tuned for more.